The following tasks belong to the category ANALYSIS:
In parentheses the name of the source file is given.
- Combine sets to create new sets using mathematical
- Removes continuum from channel maps by fitting a
polynomial to the continuum channels.
- Check whether there is a correlation between two maps
- Programme fits an ellipse to an user defined bunch of points.
- Integrate map in elliptical rings. Write statistics
to log file, Ascii file or GDS table.
See also: Supplementary documentation. (ellint.c)
- Create an output set with profiles extracted from an
input set at positions in subsets that are either
1) defined by ellipses, 2) entered manually or
3) entered with the graphics cursor.
- Program to calculate flux in user defined box.
- Program creates histogram of intensities in a set
or part of a set.
- INSPECTOR writes slices through a 3d GIPSY data cube.
It overlays radial HI velocities (i.e. 'tilted ring'
circular velocities) on velocities in XV diagrams and
lets you adjust the tilted ring parameters to get a
See also: INSPECTOR Supplementary documentation. (inspector.src)
- Find and analyze isolated (extended) structures in
- Automatic point source extractor. Uses a histogram
method to determine the zerolevel and the noise in
- Interactive estimation of width of global profile.
(No fitting involed)
- Interactive fit of 2-D gaussians
- QPLOT plots an one dimensional slice through a set.
- Derive radial surface density distribution from a 2-dim
total HI map using the 'Lucy method'.
- Solves the radial surface density distribution from a strip
integral of the brightness distribution. USE PROGRAM
RADIAL AS FRONT END FOR RADPROF.
- Generate random numbers from various distributions.
Add noise to sets. Write random numbers to an (ascii)
file on disk.
- Review the geometrical component of a model galaxy
by fitting surface densities in (user supplied) tilted
- The programme shuffles profiles in a set so that they are
aligned on positions taken from another set.
- TRACE plots image values at user given positions
as function of distance to a plot centre (in 2-d
- XGAUFIT estimates parameters for multi component one
dimensional gauss functions using data in selected
profiles. It can use these estimates to fit the
parameters to the data in a least squares fit.
Output is send to subsets in a set.
- Fit parameters of a standard Gauss function,
the Gauss-Hermite series or
a Voigt lineshape to data from GIPSY sets or ASCII files
See also: XGAUPROF Supplementary documentation. (xgauprof.src)