The following tasks belong to the category PLOTTING:
``Line/grey scale plots''
In parentheses the name of the source file is given.
- View Set, subset in perspective
- Create contour-, gray scale- and colour plots.
Provide basic drawing routines.
- Create an output set with profiles extracted from an
input set at positions in subsets that are either
1) defined by ellipses, 2) entered manually or
3) entered with the graphics cursor.
- General macro based plot program for interactive use
of PGPLOT subroutines and the Gipsy Data Subsystem (GDS).
See also: The GIPSY Recipes Book . (gplot.c)
- Program creates histogram of intensities in a set
or part of a set.
- INSPECTOR writes slices through a 3d GIPSY data cube.
It overlays radial HI velocities (i.e. 'tilted ring'
circular velocities) on velocities in XV diagrams and
lets you adjust the tilted ring parameters to get a
See also: INSPECTOR Supplementary documentation. (inspector.src)
- Plot PGPLOT's marker- and Hershey symbols
- Interactive estimation of width of global profile.
(No fitting involed)
- QPLOT plots an one dimensional slice through a set.
- Generate random numbers from various distributions.
Add noise to sets. Write random numbers to an (ascii)
file on disk.
- Render 2d- and 3d GIPSY data and display 2d-slices at any
See also: RENDER render 2d and 3d GIPSY data. (render.c)
- Build and execute a GPLOT input file that plots
contours per level for different subsets. The contours
can be an overlay on a set.
- Make a slice through a set
- Program to calculate elementary statistics in user
- TRACE plots image values at user given positions
as function of distance to a plot centre (in 2-d
- Fit parameters of a standard Gauss function,
the Gauss-Hermite series or
a Voigt lineshape to data from GIPSY sets or ASCII files
See also: XGAUPROF Supplementary documentation. (xgauprof.src)