The following books tend to concentrate on the techniques of
radio astronomy, and particularly radio interferometry.
- Synthesis Imaging in Radio Astronomy II, G.B Taylor, C.L. Carilli, & R.A. Perley eds,
Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference Series Volume 180.
- The Fourier Transform and its Applications, R.N. Bracewell.
- Interferometry and Synthesis in Radio Astronomy, A.R. Thompson,
J.M. Moran & G.W. Swenson.
- Radio Astronomy, J.D. Kraus.
- Radiotelescopes, W.N. Christiansen & J.A. Högbom.
- Tools of Radio Astronomy, K. Rohlfs & T.L. Wilson.
A general description of the science that can be done with
radio telescopes is given in the following books.
- Galactic and Extragalactic Radio Astronomy, G.L. Verschuur
& K.I. Kellermann eds.
- An Introduction to Radio Astronomy, B.F. Burke & F. Graham-Smith.
The following are more specific to the ATCA and the practicalities
of observing and data reduction.
A large amount of can be found on the ATNF web sites