FWD: WCS Paper III, call for votes

From: <mcalabre_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:32:13 +1000

Greetings,

I advised last October that WCS Paper III was coming up for review.
After having been sidetracked for some months due to other business
the FITS regional committees are now being asked to vote on the
proposal - Bill Pence's email is appended, please read it carefully.

I would like to stress that you are not required to check the
mathematics! - although of course you may if you wish. The main thing
is to consider whether the proposal is sufficient to describe any
spectral coordinate system that you are familiar with or are likely to
use in future.

Could I have your votes by 2005/06/14 please. Just "Yes", "No" or
"Abstain" is sufficient, but comments are welcome and reasons should be
provided for "No" votes.

(Note that you may find a slightly later version of the paper than
2005/05/20 on Eric Greisen's or my web site with a few insignificant
typographical corrections.)

Cheers, Mark