Re: [Iaufec] Call for regional committee votes on WCS III

From: <mcalabre_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:18:19 +1000

On Mon 2005/05/23 15:25:01 -0400, William Pence wrote
in a message to: IAU-FITS Exec Committee <iaufec_at_nrao.<!--nospam-->edu>

>Call for Regional FITS Committee Votes on WCS Paper III

As chair of the Australasian Regional FITS committee I am pleased to
report that all members of the committee have now voted on the proposal:
six in favour and one abstention.

The abstainee said "I don't see a problem in voting 'yes', but since I'm
not properly up with the play, I had better vote 'abstain'". Several
respondees expressed a similar sentiment to a lesser degree - that they
had not analysed the paper in detail but had sufficient confidence in it
to vote 'yes'. None reported any specific shortcomings or misgivings.

Regards,
Mark Calabretta
ATNF