New FITS standard document

From: <mcalabre_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 11:46:30 +1100

<pre id="body">
<a name="start" accesskey="j" id="start"></a>Greetings,
The FITS specification has recently been updated and the regional
committees have been asked to approve it. While the spec is a rather
lengthy document, the changes are summarized separately and it should
not take more than an hour or so to review it. The particular
documents are
Summary of Recommended Changes (some were later changed or withdrawn):
http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/draft/summary.pdf
Technical Panel's response to the public comments:
http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/draft/pubcomments.pdf
The full 3.0a spec with colour-coded differences from 2.1:
http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/draft/diff30a_21b.pdf
Cheers, Mark