IVO job applicants

From: <mjd_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:47:49 +1000 (EST)

Dear folks,

We had a very good response to the IVO-related programming job we
advertised at UQ; see
http://www.aus-vo.org/jobs.html

There were 27 applicants; we have a short(long) list of 3(6) candidates
chosen to have some scientific strengths as well as the programming side.
The rest looked like reasonable programmers but mostly in commercial work.
I will point the unsuccessful candidates at the Aus-VO website for any
future jobs, but would any of you like me to tell them about specific
openings you have? They are mostly from Brisbane but a couple are from as
far as Melbourne.

Cheers Michael.

Dr. Michael Drinkwater tel: 07 3365 3428
Department of Physics fax: 07 3365 1242
University of Queensland email: mjd_at_EmailProtected
QLD 4072, Australia http://www.physics.uq.edu.au/ap