VO workshop close to IAU

From: <dbarnes_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:17:48 +1100 (EST)

Dear VO participant,

we are thinking of a having a short workshop immediately following
the IAU GA, to discuss progress of the Australian Virtual
Observatory (Aus-VO) effort and the application of international
VO technologies to our program. The idea is to take advantage of
the substantial number of VO participants who will be in this part
of the world, and review progress and future goals for Aus-VO,
with plenty of international expertise present to guide us and
make recommendations. It would also be an ideal time to review
the success of the demos shown at the IAU exhibition.

The IAU GA runs from 13 - 26 July, the last day being a Saturday.
Our proposal is that we hold a two day workshop, over Tuesday 29
July and Wednesday 30 July, somewhere in the vicinity of Sydney.

This email is really just to serve as advance notice, so that if
you want to attend you can include it in your travel plans. In
particular, at this point we would welcome suggestions on the
content and format of the meeting, and would be pleased to hear
proposals for presentations or discussion items.

Dave Abel (CSIRO) & David Barnes (Melbourne).

links:
IAU GA www.astronomy2003.com
Aus-VO www.aus-vo.org