VO workshop close to IAU - cancel.

From: <dbarnes_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:26:27 +1100 (EST)

Hi All,

just a follow up on the idea of a meeting following the IAU
to capture some international input to the Aus-VO program.

The majority response was that this would be very bad timing
for many of you, and indeed it also clashed with an SKA
meeting being held in Western Australia the week after the
IAU. Some suggested having an afternoon during the IAU, but
others feel that this too would be awkward and/or just too much!

So at this point we will not proceed with a meeting following
the IAU, and instead during the IAU we will explore the
options for a meeting later in the year.

While I'm in your inbox, a few people have indicated they
will visit Melbourne after the IAU. If you are planning to
do this, you will be most welcome, but please let me know
soon so I have some idea of the numbers. We have an admin
assistant who will be able to help out with accommodation
requirements etc. If
you have computing requirements while you will be in
Melbourne please also let me know.

Regards, David Barnes.