final call: (Aus-)VO demos for IAU

From: <dbarnes_at_email.protected>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:21:43 +1000 (EST)

Hi all,

Who wants to run (Australian) Virtual Observatory demos at the
IAU in Sydney? Now is the time to raise your hand, as the
overall running of the demos and exhibition stand will be
determined to a large extent this Wednesday in Cambridge. I
will coordinate our input to the meeting.

If you want to run a demo project, using the Aus-VO computer/s
in the exhibition booth, please provide the following info to me
no later than 11am, Wednesday May 14.

Demo name:
Brief description:
Contact person: if not you
Computer requirements:
  - Windows, Linux, other?
  - Browser and/or Java configuration? ie. versions you've tested
  - Other software required - eg. local TomCat, AstroGrid iter-2, ...
Is it an interactive demo ie. attendee walks up to and uses computer,
  or is it a presented demo ie. you or a trained person runs a demo
  for one to a few people at once.
Is authentication needed to run the demo?
Who will be present at the stand and/or train students to do your demo?
Will you have or do you want posters / handouts / ... [there is capacity
  here in Melbourne to design and produce individual or integrated
  brochures.]
I already have interest in demos from Murphy (SUMSS on AstroGrid),
Smillie (MACHO), Stenborg (HIPASS catalogue) and Barnes/AstroGrid
(grid-based data visualisation).

thanks everyone -

David.