Aus-VO web site, wiki and email update.

From: <dbarnes_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:17:55 +1000 (EST)

Hi all,

just a reminder to everyone interested in or participating in Aus-VO
activities that we have two main methods of communication:

1. the ivo_at_atnf.csiro.au email list
2. the Aus-VO wiki at http://www.aus-vo.org/twiki/bin/view/Main

I'd like to encourage everyone to make use of these options to keep
others informed of their activities, of events going on that might
be of interest to other Aus-VO people, and even to ask questions
or provoke discussion on new ideas for Aus-VO projects or directions.

And an extra reminder that *anyone* can register on the Wiki and start
editing existing pages or adding new ones. It's really exceptionally
easy, and I think with just a few more regular contributors we might
reach the "critical mass" which will turn the Wiki into an incredibly
useful tool for the collaboration. Ultimately it should be the first
place to visit if you want to know who else in Aus-VO is doing work
in an area you want to be involved in, and to announce a new VO-related
project getting underway at your institute.

In addition, we have the main Aus-VO web pages, at www.aus-vo.org.
These are maintained by the project office in Melbourne, and are
oriented more towards external people seeking an overview of what
we do and why we're doing it. While we look after these pages
here, I'm always glad to receive contributions, for example:
- a few paragraphs describing a new Aus-VO project
- an update to an existing project description
- any software and related description that you've developed that
   might be useful to the rest of us and is allowed to be distributed
- powerpoint slides or similar of any talk you've given which relates
   to VO or Aus-VO activities
- job advertisements for VO-related positions, or news of appointments
- meeting advertisements with relation to VO, either here or O/S.

I really encourage everyone to make use of the above mechanisms. The
Aus-VO project (and the forthcoming e-Astronomy Research Network if it
is funded) will be one of most distributed projects we all participate
in, and our success will be partly driven by our ability and willingness
to communicate with each other.

 - David.