Aus-VO meetings.

From: <dbarnes_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:11:34 +1000

Hi all,

David Rhode (UQld) has kindly agreed to look after organisation
of our planned, regular Aus-VO meetings. In terms of timing,
our objective is to select a time which is suitable for most of
the "local project leaders" - generally this means the
investigators on the LIEF grant, or their replacements. David
will also look after compiling an agenda, and taking minutes
at the meetings. Please help David to iterate to a suitable
time for the meeting, in late June.

Meetings will be held via Access Grid, so each Aus-VO site
needs to look after making a booking at their local AG node
once the meeting time is established. We will generally
want to reserve 2 hrs for each meeting but may not use all
2 hrs each meeting.

I will chair the meetings.

The main reason to have these regular meetings will be to hear
project updates from each group working on Aus-VO. So one
standing agenda item will be "Project updates", which local
project leaders (or replacements) will be asked to give. Please
aim at a few minutes each, to summarise Aus-VO activities at
your institute. I hope these reports will generate discussion
and collaboration.

Another regular thing at the meetings will be a feature talk
or "talkette" on a particular group's work and achievements.
People are welcome to send suggestions on this to David Rhode
or myself.

Other standing items might include budgets, staffing,
upcoming national & international meetings, and upcoming
demo opportunities and ideas.

All other agenda items are welcome too.

Thanks - David.