Aus-VO Workshop 2004

From: <dbarnes_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:47:07 +1000

Hi all,

we are holding a workshop on 18th and 19th of November 2004, in
Melbourne, to bring together the Aus-VO and APAC Astronomy Grid
Project members, international representatives of worldwide
virtual observatory (VO) projects and national expertise in the
enabling technologies, to discuss progress so far, planned and
future projects, and participation in the international VO arena.

The meeting web pages are now up at the following location,
reachable from the front www.aus-vo.org web page:

http://www.aus-vo.org/vo2004/vo2004_main.htm

Participation is open to all, and we are seeking contributions
in the form of talks on subjects of relevance or interest to
the Aus-VO and APAC Astronomy Grid community. The topics of
the meeting include:

    * Data Access Layer: protocols and implementations
    * Theory: codes, tools and metadata
    * Visualisation: exploring remote data
    * Integration: services and registries, certification
    * High-impact data: archives and mirrors
    * Future: e-Research opportunities, new telescopes, facility-level support

If you wish to attend, please register on the conference
registration page:

http://www.aus-vo.org/vo2004/vo2004_registration.htm

and include a talk title if you wish to be considered for a
talk slot. If talk slots are over-subscribed the SOC may have
to exercise editorial control!

Please forward this announcement to your colleagues who may
be interested in attending.

On behalf of the SOC I look forward to welcoming you to the
Aus-VO Workshop 2004 in Melbourne in November.

 - David Barnes.