Re: [miriad-devel] Miriad installation

From: <Simon.Ellingsen_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:45:12 +1000

Hi Bob,

>Because the byte order is different on x86 and ppc (I think!),
>there would be a need to make some changes to mirupdate. Did you do
>this? Without the
>change, miriad would probably mostly work - but the files produced
>would not be usable by any other system, nor could you read/write
>FITS files
>(not sure about RPFITS).

No I didn't. I haven't tried loading any data in yet. I did the
initial compilation a few months ago, but haven't had a chance to
actually process data with it. From what you say it sounds like more
needs to be done before I can anyway. The RPFITS libraries work OK
because I have used them to do a bit of processing of some single
dish correlator data in ASAP 2.1. Does mirupdate change atlod, or
just other FITS related tasks?

Regards

Simon
--
Simon Ellingsen : Senior Lecturer Physics & Astronomy, University of
Tasmania