[miriad-devel] Re: Miriad on Intel Macs, etc.

From: <mcalabre_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:18:24 +1100

Christopher Thom writes:

>Thanks mark. In case you're not aware, there are bugs with macintel OSX
>versions 10.4.7 and 10.4.8. in 10.4.7, there is a register copy problem
>that causes data corruption, while with 10.4.8 PPC X apps running under
>rosetta segfault (i.e. kview/kvis).
>
>Apple has just recently released an update for the 10.4.8 X11 package
>available from the software updates system, so things now work ok. But
>some users might not be aware.
>
>The IDL website has technical info:
>http://www.ittvis.com/services/techtip.asp?ttid=4081

Thanks for the feedback. I confirmed that the Macs that I built Miriad
on are (and were) up-to-date as far as the Apple Software Updater is
concerned, including Mac OS X itself and X11.

Presumably the Macs that Miriad is installed on would likewise need to
be updated.

(Future emails on this topic will only be sent to miriad-devel, please
subscribe if you wish to receive them. The miriad-devel list will be
transferred automatically to atnf-data-reduction when that list becomes
active: see http://www.atnf.csiro.au/lists/.)

Cheers, Mark