[miriad-devel] problems with ellint

From: <djones_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:47:25 +0930 (CST)

Hi All,

I am having a problem with miriad task ellint. I am trying to integrate
annulii within a certain region using VLA data (no uv dat) at 330 MHz and
three different resolutions.

There is a large peak in the images which is offset from the centre of the integration region, however, the annulus flux for the three different resolutions shows the peak in vastly different places
(100s of arcsec).

I have tried to discover the source of the discrepency by doing such
things as: varying the resolution, the cell size, using cross cuts to
determine position of the peak (they coincide in all images), and
coordinate systems. Perhaps ellint isn't reading the header properly?

They all seem to match - can anyone suggest a reason for the difference?
Or has anyone had similar experiences?

Thanks!

David Jones