[pafska] Date claimer: next PAFSKA telecon - 3 March 201

From: <Carole.Jackson_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:46:44 +1100

Hi everyone,

We would like to convene the next PAFSKA telecom next Thursday 3 March at 21 UT. Details of the call-in details will be distributed in the next few days. Please note we are planning to use telecom-only based on the SPDO system which provides 'local' numbers.

Can you please let me know if this time is acceptable.

Agenda:

1. Quick round table of progress & significant updates (Apertif, ASKAP, BYU, DRAO etc)

2. PrepSKA WP2.2 CoDR plans, timeline (Neil)

a. This group should think about panel members (noting that the dish array CoDR is to cover everything from EM optics to PAFs, receivers etc)

3. PrepSKA WP2.2.3 PAF concept descriptions

a. Outline from CSIRO (Russell, Stuart) of concept descriptions - status, development

b. Round-table discussion regarding inputs from other PAFSKA participants; establish who wants to contribute (write) what for the CoDR

c. Agree timeline to develop & complete,

4. PAFSKA workshop; there's a tentative suggestion for 3 or 4-day workshop in May; venue tbd

a. Very rough agenda - 1 day PAF science drivers
                                                         2 days technical focus
                                               0.5 - 1 day PAFSKA CoDR preparation (face-to-face working session)

Please feel free to circulate any relevant material ahead of the telecom to this group.
We will send out some very early drafts of documents for the PrepSKA WP2.2 Concept Description documents for discussion at item (2) early next week.

Best regards
Carole

Dr Carole Jackson
Business Development Manager & WP2 leader
CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science

Phone: +61 2 9372 4407 | Mobile: 0432 925 932
carole.jackson_at_csiro.au | www.csiro.au | www.atnf.csiro.au
Address: CSIRO RadioPhysics Laboratory, cnr Vimiera & Pembroke Roads, Marsfield, NSW 2212

PLEASE NOTE