[pafska] SKA PEP development of PAF tasks within AIP/Dish Array WBS

From: <Carole.Jackson_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:42:32 +1100

Dear PAFSKA colleagues,

Many of you will be aware that the SKA Project Office (SPO) is currently leading the definition of the SKA pre-construction (or 'PEP') Stage 1 work breakdown structure (WBS), in readiness for the 'work package bidding process'.

The PAF development lies within the Advanced Instrumentation Program, but as it clearly impacts the dish and other elements, it is being developed within the Dish Array working group. A number of PAFSKA members are active in the Dish Array working group (led by Peter Dewdney) - however, many are not - and we'd appreciate your expertise to get this WBS as complete as possible.

At this time I invite you to review the PAF-specific part of the WBS and assist in its development. Please refer to the attached document; as it explains, it outlines an entire 'strawman' for the Dish Array and PAF (AIP) WBS. If the document length is off-putting, please just concentrate on pages 1 & 2, and 11-14.

Could you please send any initial comments to me before COB 25 January.

Finally, please note that the WBS/SOW will be developed through to the end of February 2012; if you would like to remain in this loop, please let me know (this will cut down on email traffic for anyone not interested in this detail).

Regards
Carole
Dr Carole Jackson
Business Development Manager & Antenna IPT Leader
CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science

Phone: +61 2 9372 4407 | Mobile: 0432 925 932
carole.jackson_at_email.protected> | www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au> | www.atnf.csiro.au<http://www.atnf.csiro.au>
Address: CSIRO RadioPhysics Laboratory, cnr Vimiera & Pembroke Roads, Marsfield, NSW 2212

PLEASE NOTE