v175b/gg057b pretests

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:52:14 +1100 (EST)

Gentlemen,

Given we have a few hours before the Huygens experiment, I would like to
do some extensive pre-tests and fringe tests. What I propose is:

- Start with a frequency which different than the nominal Huygens
  frequencies so ATCA can test the Huygens cable and we can test
  polarisations etc.

- Change the the Huygens setup and do more fringe tests.

For each phase please to local tests then phone me (02 6790 4022) to
coordinate fringe tests.

The schedule will be in ftp.atnf.csiro.au/pub/people/vlbi/v175/v175b-t
soon. Please do frequency setup from below not the vex file!

*******
SETUP 1
*******

Both DAS:
  Dual pol RCP+LCP 2286.99 MHz DAS band centre
  Dual pol RCP+LCP 2286.99 MHz DAS band centre

Use the v175b.pro DAS profile or inverted version

*******
SETUP 2
*******

Change to the Huygens setup described earlier.

Check frequencies with test tones and inversion with fauto and
vsib_checker to check data integrity.

For each test please do local tests then email me when you are ready to
fringe test.

TEST examples:

* Check 1PPS

>vsib_checker -b 16 -p -fail TEST*

* Check sampler stats

>vsib_checker -b 16 -stats -n 100 TEST01 TEST02

* Look at bandpass

>fauto -b 16 -if1 1 -if2 8 TEST01
>fauto -b 16 -c 1 TEST01
>fauto -b 16 -c 2 -dev saveme.ps/cps TEST01

(Look at 8 bands, look and if#1 starting from 1, save band 2 output
 to hardcopy).