Re: vt001h - apologies

From: <jim.lovell_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:14:47 +1100

Hi Simon,

>One advantage of this is the ability to wave a bit of a stick at the
>PI. Two weeks is long enough that the time allocated to them could be
>rescheduled to a different project. This isn't something that I think any
>of us wants to do, but it could be used to motivate people to get there
>schedules in on time.

Rescheduling to a different project introduces another delay while we
wait for the new PI to prepare a schedule. One possibility is to have a
backup schedule ready to go. e.g a v131-style phase ref source survey
that runs 24h. The key file could be cropped to match the time range and
the frequency changed to whatever the original observation was going to
be. Not ideal, but quick to implement and useful.

>This is the best idea, it should be relatively straight forward to give
>two configurations for our standard frequencies 21cm, 18cm, 13cm, 6cm,
>5cm, 3cm, 1.2cm, one being a 16 MHz dual polarization and one a 2x16 MHz
>single polarization setup (which could also be used in dual polarization
>form for 256 Mbps experiments). The presence of Tid, Hart or any other
>regular participant in the array wouldn't make any difference if we chose
>the standard frequencies to be ones that Tid can observe at too.
>
>I'll volunteer myself to try and coordinate/arrange this across the array
>(after the current session), using as a starting point the SCHED setups
>that Chris has written. Does anyone have any objections?

Not me! Thanks!

-Jim