Re: ToO bj058

From: <jon_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:11:38 +0200 (SAST)

Hi Roopesh

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Roopesh Ojha wrote:

>Hi Jonathan
>
>This email is about the MkV part of the experiment.
>
>Please find attached the .skd and .sch files for Hart for bj058. The times
>of various scans etc havent changed but the frequency setup has since you
>received Giuseppe's email. We are now observing in the band decided upon
>which you can see from the skd file but I also attach the setup file
>(called v18cm-128-8-1bj058.set) we are using.

  OK, but the .skd file didn't have workable Mark5A support, so you caught
me hopping to edit it into something suitable with -22 seconds to spare
.. I managed to start the recording on time but the antenna was 22s late
on source

>Please note that Hart is observing bj058 in two chunks. For the first
>chunk Hart is observing only with the VLBA so you dont need to be
>recording S2 at all. It is only for the second chunk that other lba
>antennas will be on and you will be recording S2 as well. But getting the
>MkV right is first priority.

  I figured that one out and concentrated on getting the Mark5A going in
128Mbps 8 channel 1 bit mode from the correct Mark4 video converters. The
corrected version I've attached includes a 1300 MHz LO value for Hobart as
requested by Brett ie. he'll need this version too.

  Obviously you will now need to define exactly which band the S2
experiment will record. HartRAO splits the RF so we can record anywhere
in our band to the S2 independently of where the Mark4 is now set. I'm
not sure of the situation at Hobart/Tid of course.

>Please email or call me +61-2-6849-1801 (or 1802,3,4,5,6) if there
>are any questions. Also please email if things are okay.

  I think everything is running fine, though with the Mark5A you can't
look at the data whilst it is actually recording and of course in this
schedule there are no gaps !! A test recording using the previous version
of the schedule (which I'm pretty sure had identical setup procedures)
showed up nice 8 x 8MHz bandpasses with phase-cal tones at the right
spots.

  I'm off to catch some shuteye as it's the wee hours of the morning here
but the telephone on +27-12-326-0742 (or 0743) should wake me if you need
to discuss anything - not to mention the various alarms conditions that
our FS is set to look out for. Fortunately we won't need to setup the S2
part for another 14 hours so I should be back in the land of the living to
take care of things by then.

Good luck Oz !!
  Jon