Re: v162c1

From: <rdodson_at_email.protected>
Date: 15 Nov 2004 13:59:16 +0100

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 08:48, Chris Phillips wrote:

>>> The frequency is explicitly 1650 (hmmm I assume that freq=NN produces
>>> files with that frequ as the band centre. I realise I don't know that it
>>> does.)
>
>Richard - I nhave not been following this "thread". The sched frequencies
>are the band edge, I am 95% sure. The LO frequency.

Chris, All,

 Some sloppy terminology and some unclear definitions. I know we all
know this -- but just to clear the confusion I will expand ...

 1650 is a band edge and a band centre. As is the case when the VSOP
modes are used. It is the band centre for the frequency translators into
the DAS.

 In VSOP mode it then becomes the upper edge of the 1st IF and the lower
edge of the second. The first polarisation is taken.

 In ??16?_?.PRO (eg MP16S_N.PRO) mode it remains the band center and
both polarisations are taken.