Re: fringes, fringes, fringes

From: <cwest_at_email.protected>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:20:45 +1100 (EST)

JR,

It was with the BG2 cable. Which comes out from the back of the S2 on the
C2a connector. The BG2 is a connector that remaps the pins into the same
format as the DAS S2 output port so that we can connect the VSIC (and
hence the disk recorders) into the signal while recording on the S2.
However, we only see 2x16 MHz channels.

With the clocks (and Chris can probably correct me on this) it would
appear that Narrabri is drifting by ~4 microseconds a day.

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, John Reynolds wrote:

>Chris,
>
>>> I have just sucessfully found fringes for v131ar to Pa, Mp, At. I will try
>>> Hobart soon. A major step forward for this was the fringes were found
>>> without any manual correlation outside the RtFC software. See
>
>Great! Was this with DAS #1 + C1/C2 cable at Parkes, or with DAS #2?
>
>>> For doing this in the future, it would be useful for observatories to
>>> email the clock tickphase (maser-gps) for the inital clock offsets.
>
>Parkes and Tid invariably maintain their station time within 2uS of UTC.
>Mopra is also usually within as few uS. I think Warwick may have been
>having H-maser tuning probs at Narrabri - their time has been several
>x10's of uS off in the recent past. The offset at Mopra and AT is
>visible on the ATDC display - if observers see an offset > 2uS they could
>flag it.
>
>Cheers,
>John R

Cheers