Re: v156 (and a bit of V162)

From: <Tasso.Tzioumis_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:14:19 +1100 (EST)

Hi Richard,

Hmm, these last minute frequency changes do make life difficult...

Mopra circular polarisations are set manually via a hybrid. I've set the
6500 frequency today. At this range we do not have a good RCP/LCP
generator and the polarisations are hard to set. We have got the
polarisations very wrong in the past.

So, bottom line is that if you want good circulars (probably around 15db
isolation) we'll have to stay at 6500 centre frequency. Even the 6528 is a
substantial change.
If you do not care what ellipticity you have I can set 6464 or 6528 MHz or
anything else you want. But I cannot tell you how good the circulars are
or if they'll even be the right way around.
I do not have the people or the time to do this here at the last minute.
If you asked for it earlier in the week we could have set it up.

Let us all know what you decide.

Cheers
Tasso

On 15 Nov 2004, Richard Dodson wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>!Mon 15th Nov, 320 / 21:30 - 0630 UT : V156F
>
>Is there any reason not to change the frequency in this experiment from
>6528 to 6464?
>
>The birdies at the AT (and elsewhere probably) are on the whole number
>of 128MHz, not on the whole number+0.5.
>
>the Mopra com file is changed (but could be swapped back if it is not
>possible to observe at 6464).
>
>--------
>
>I have run the ATCA files to create the sched files from the .COM files
>produced by vlba2sched_all for V156F1 and V162C1. (As these sites need
>the psr mode setting
>
>Shall I do the same for Parkes & Mopra or is that in hand? I assume
>that the slogit.pl has been run by the Tasmaniacs? (include Ceduna
>using -ced).
>
>Richard

Tasso Tzioumis, Australia Telescope National Facility, CSIRO |
Location: Cnr Pembroke & Vimiera Rds, Marsfield, NSW, 2122, AUSTRALIA |
Post: PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, AUSTRALIA |
Phone: +61 2 9372 4350 Fax: +61 2 9372 4450 or 4310 |
Email: Tasso.Tzioumis_at_csiro.au |