Re: v156 (and a bit of V162)

From: <sellings_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:28:06 +1100 (EST)

Hi Richard,
>!Mon 15th Nov, 320 / 21:30 - 0630 UT : V156F
>
>Is there any reason not to change the frequency in this experiment from
>6528 to 6464?

We can change here (Hobart) easily enough, but let me know soon. This
change over happens first thing in the morning, Brett is doing it and I'll
have to change a few details in the instructions if the frequency changes.
My feeling is that it is safer to leave it at the 6528 MHz at this stage,
better to have 1 birdie than possible stuff-ups due to wrong freq.

>I have run the ATCA files to create the sched files from the .COM files
>produced by vlba2sched_all for V156F1 and V162C1. (As these sites need
>the psr mode setting
>
>Shall I do the same for Parkes & Mopra or is that in hand? I assume
>that the slogit.pl has been run by the Tasmaniacs? (include Ceduna
>using -ced).

I've been running slogit.pl (where appropriate including Ceduna) for the
various schedules. We're all setup and ready to observe v162c1 here,
polarizations, tsys etc look good. For Hobart, I've hacked the
v156f1ho.prc file to use 32a4-2 mode (no buggery and I'm leaving it up to
Giuseppe to decide what he wants to do in Ceduna re modes & buggery.

Regards

Simon
--
Simon Ellingsen : Lecturer in Physics/Radio Astronomy, University of Tasmania
email : Simon.Ellingsen_at_utas.edu.au