Re: v156. Band Centre to DAS (and S2 IFs) now 6500

From: <rdodson_at_email.protected>
Date: 15 Nov 2004 15:28:04 +0100

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 15:14, Tasso Tzioumis wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>
>Hmm, these last minute frequency changes do make life difficult...

last hours .. but I agree.

>Mopra circular polarisations are set manually via a hybrid. I've set the
>6500 frequency today. At this range we do not have a good RCP/LCP
>generator and the polarisations are hard to set. We have got the
>polarisations very wrong in the past.
>
>So, bottom line is that if you want good circulars (probably around 15db
>isolation) we'll have to stay at 6500 centre frequency. Even the 6528 is a
>substantial change.

This is all I need to know. I have already changed frequency to
accommodate others, I am only trying to find a new frequency which works
for all.

As 6500 is being already used, and has been tuned up I want to use the
same.

ATCA has 6500 set into v156f1_new. This still misses the birdies.

Mopra has 6500 in v156f1_Mp.com (and could be changed in the .SCH more
simply with global 1freq 6500 & glob 2freq 6500).

Parkes Ceduna and Hobart set the frequency by hand, so if you'd set the
LO's appropriately.

  Sorry for these late changes, mi culpa - pero no me faulta.

                Richard