eVLBI success

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:59:13 +1100 (EST)

Hi All,

Last night Craig West and I successfully managed to get "ftp" fringes to
all LBA telescopes (including Hobart on a 28k modem).

This was achieved using the Metsahovi disk based VLBI recorders and a
compilation of some automatic data transfer software I have written and
Craig's software correlator. We would typically transfer 0.2-0.5 seconds
worth of data to Swinburne for correlation.

This highlights the advantage the new network links will give us -
transfers from Mopra were taking 40min for 0.5sec of data and 2hours from
Hobart.

Thanks to everyone involved for helping this happen.