Hobart and Ceduna disk/tapes freight

From: <brett.reid_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:13:52 +1100

Hi All,
Giuseppe and John D have bought the Ceduna disks back to Hobart. They
have shipped the Ceduna S2 tapes to ATNF Sydney.

Hobart's EVN recorder disks are still in SWARM. Should I remove the disks
from SWARM and send them to Swinburne along with the Ceduna disks? If so
how urgently and to what exact address? Are we considering tranfering
Hobart's data via firewire to external big disks. Chris, Steven or Craig,
could you please let me know.

The Huygens data from Ceduna (2*IDE disks) and Hobart (mark 5 module)
have been sent today to JIVE using DHL.

The ToO observation, BJ058lba mark 5 module from Hobart has been sent
today to USNO Washington using DHL. The S2 tapes will be sent to Epping
with the other Hobart S2 tapes.

Tasso,
How urgently do you want the HO S2 tapes at Epping. There is enough bulk
to warrant using road freight especially if it is likely that they will
not be correlated in the next few days. Road freight takes a week. If I
hear nothing I will roadfreight the S2 tapes to Sydney tomorrow.

Regards,
Brett.

Brett Reid
Observatory Manager, Radio Telescopes