Re: Parkes Fault #2093: S2 power supply problems (fwd)

From: <brett.reid_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:24:51 +1100

Hi Guys,

>Ever had this with any of the correlator S2s?

Hobart had a S2 power supply problem occur twice in the last 12 months.
No green light.
Each time when I removed the S2 from the rack and put it on the bench it
powered up OK. I didn't like putting it back but I couldn't get the
problem to occur again. It has shown no sign of occuring this time.

We would appreciate any developments on tracing this.
Eric is threatening to change all the electrolytic capacitors in the unit.

cheers,
Brett.

>The Parkes S2 must be close to the oldest unit we have - hopefully not an
>omen.
>
>Cheers,
>John R

Brett Reid