vt001i

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:10:22 +1100 (EST)

Hi all,

I have agreed with all stations that we will do the 64 MHz test at S-band
to save rx fun before Huygens starts. I propose we use the band
centre frequency 2290 MHz, unless anyone has a problem. This should be a
dual pol observation. I don't think Steve has updated the schedule yet.

Setup:
 - RCP into DAS IFP#1, LCP in IFP#2

 - I have attached a sample "non-inverted" DAS profile to configure
   the correlator output for 64 MHz. I have also attached the output port
   control gui for ATNF antenna with the correct values set (thanks Craig)

 - You need to use BG3. This is the PCB board with three input cables
   (one a double headed one and one the grey 50pin flat cable).

 - On the input side the two small connectors go into the correlator
   output ports on the DAS. The grey flat cable plugs into the S2 output
   port (to get 1 PPS and clock).

 - On the output side, a normal 50pin twist and flat then goes into the
   VSIC from the other connector on the board. (Tell me if you need a
   picture!).

 - Record onto a fast disk!

 - Use a record command something like:
>> vsib_record -m 2 -t 10000s -o vt001i-Mp-%04d < /dev/vsib

 - I suggest you start recording when you can and do some local tests for
   the first hour or so. Use vsib_checker and fauto to check the data
   looks ok. Turn on some test tones and try and find them in the spectrum
   (etc). See at end for examples of usage.

 - Once we are all up and running we will try and record for 30min or so
   without doing any fiddling. This data will be saved and later
   correlated. The setup data should be trashed. I will coordinate this by
   phone. When we have some data we will go over to Huygens tests
   (next email!).