Fringe test Tonight

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:52:12 +1100 (EST)

Hi All,

I have put the schedule for the fringe test (vt002b1) in the atnf ftp
area:

ftp://ftp.atnf.csiro.au/pub/people/vlbi/vt002/vt002b1/vt002b1.skd

Please can you be on source by 11:30 UT ready for fringe test. Let me know
if that won't be possible. I have set the schedule to start at 08:00 UT in
case you want to do local tests early.

This is a disk based experiment, but sending the data through the S2.

For this setup please check:

 - S2 C2a output is connected to the VSIC via the BG2 cable
 - S2 uic feedthru is enabled ("uic feedthru on" on the S2)

 - Record on the MRO recorders using the vsic_record program. The exact
   syntax depends on the S2 mode (ie whether you are using the buggary
   cable or not).

Buggary cable *in* (S2 mode 32x4-2)
>> vsib_record -t 30000s -o vt002b1_Ant -c ooxx

Buggary cable *out* (S2 mode 32a4-2)
>> vsib_record -t 30000s -o vt002b1_Ant -c oxox

Please create a directory for the the data before you start. At the end of
the fringe test, the data can be deleted.

If you have questions, please call Chris on 02 67904031

I have put these instructions (plus possible updates) on the wiki:

http://pentane.ssi.swin.edu.au/~elenc/wiki/index.php?n=LBAMarch2005.VT002b1