Re: LBA sensitivity calculator

From: <Tasso.Tzioumis_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:00:33 +1100 (EST)

Hi Adam,

Marvelous tool! I had only a quick play tonight and it seems to work very
well. A couple of comments:

1. The sensitivities are reported to 4 decimal digits! Probably not known
to better than 5-10% and should be reported accordingly. More than a
couple of decimal digits are too much.

2. We very rarely (ever?) tie all 6 of the CA antennas. 5 is the usual
when the full array is used. I wonder if this should replace tied6 or
include another button as tied5. I have no strong preference.

Thanks for all the work

Tasso

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Adam Deller wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>The promised LBA sensitivity calculator has been completed and is now
>ready to use. It can currently be found at:
>
>http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~adeller/lba/LbaSensitivity.html
>
>Feel free to drop by and give it a test drive over the next few days.
>Once it has passed this final stage of beta testing, we can find it a
>permanent home on the LBA webpage and (i guess) announce it to prospective
>observers. Any bugs/suggestions, please let me know and I'll endeavour to
>incorporate them.
>
>Cheers,
>Adam

Tasso Tzioumis, Australia Telescope National Facility, CSIRO |
Location: Cnr Pembroke & Vimiera Rds, Marsfield, NSW, 2122, AUSTRALIA |
Post: PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, AUSTRALIA |
Phone: +61 2 9372 4350 Fax: +61 2 9372 4450 or 4310 |
Email: Tasso.Tzioumis_at_csiro.au |