V177 (S2+disc recording run)

From: <shoriuchi_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:56:37 +1100

Hi all,

As updated in the Wiki, can you please set ATCA and Mopra dishes in the
south rap
manually for the first scan before the V177 schedules start? This is
because of my
oversight that if dishes just followed the schedules they would start
from az=-73
for AT (or -72 for Mp) and go to -81 (or -77) for the second scan, then
try to go all the
way to 195 deg through the north and lose the entire third scan. We
should be able to avoid
this if we start from az=287 instead of -73, for example. (We could
still edit the schedule
to avoid this, but it might be simpler to operate manually at this
stage just for the start).

Parks has the same problem and we will set the dish at az=290 manually
before
the schedule starts.

I presume Hobart would be alright since sched scheduled by itself to
set it on az=297
when it starts (but please make sure when you run the schedule just in
case).

Cheers,

Shinji.