Parkes V177A polarization

From: <John.Reynolds_at_email.protected>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:42:40 +1100 (EST)

Chris et al.,

The Parkes feed polarization at 1721MHz was highly elliptical for the
first 1h15m of v177a. Channel A was closer to LCP, but only about a 2:1
ratio between AA and BB.

At 20:15 UT stowed the antenna to investigate. Back on the air at 21:25 UT
and polarization purity now looks excellent on g345-0.2.

However polars are still crossed over w.r.t. to nominal ordering
(i.e. here I believe we have A=LCP and B=RCP, while Mopra is evidently
A=RCP, B=LCP).

Cheers,
John R