Re: Progress toward New Zealand VLBI

From: <brett.reid_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:47:01 +1000

Hi Chris,
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:37:53 +1000 (EST) Chris Phillips wrote:

>Hi Steve,
>
>A couple of questions:
>
>- Were you using the NZ rubidium on the 14m?

Yes. Then we switched the 14m back from the rubidium to a common 5 MHz
synch (maser) and the fringes on the 5 Jy source were just a little stronger.

>- Did you do a test of the phase stability of the Rubidium compared
>to Hobarts masers?

Yes. First off the rubidium 10 MHz drifted 36 degrees in 5 minutes. Then
after a few slight twists of a trim pot the phase drifted only 180
degrees over 2 or more hours. This was viewing both 10 MHz waveforms on a
dual trace cro. No jitter was visible.

regards,
Brett.

Brett Reid