Bug in SCHED (VLBI SCHED)

From: <stingay_at_email.protected>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 01:51:31 +1000 (EST)

Guys,

Sergei pointed out a problem with the vt03a1 schedule - it was one day
out.

My keyin schedule file for vt03a1 started at 132/22:00:00 UT with a single
3hr scan that finished at 133/01:00:00. However, after running it through
sched, the VEX output scan was listed as 131/22:00:00 - 132/01:00:00.

I had a little play around with sched and it seemed that if the first
scheduled scan crossed a UT day boundary, the start time of the whole
schedule in the VEX file was brought back one day.

For example, a keyin schedule starting at 132/23:55:00 with a single 10
minute scan (finishing at 133/00:05:00) came out in the VEX file as
starting at 131/23:55:00 and finishing at 132/00:05:00.

The problem flowed through to the ATCA and Mopra schedules when the VEX
file went through vlba2sched_all.

Is this a sched bug? Is anyone aware of this? Or am I going mad here?

Anyway, the schedules and wiki for vt03a1 have been correctly updated.

Cheers, Steven

##=====================================================##
Dr Steven Tingay stingay_at_astro.swin.edu.au
Swinburne SKA Project Leader
Senior Lecturer

Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
Mail No H39
P.O. Box 218, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia

ph: +61 3 9214 8758
fax: +61 3 9214 8797

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/ska