Re: Bug in SCHED (VLBI SCHED)

From: <pge_at_email.protected>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 01:05:22 +0900 (JST)

Hi Steven,

>Is this a sched bug? Is anyone aware of this? Or am I going mad here?

"No". Yes. No.

It's a "feature"... (which we encountered in VSOP scheduling)

http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~cwalker/sched/sched/node17.html notes that

  The date specification for a scan is for the scan stop time, regardless
  of how the scan times are specified. If there is a scan that crosses
  midnight, this can cause some confusion, especially if it is the first
  scan of the experiment and the date is being specified along with START.
  If a schedule crosses a day boundary and START or STOP times are being
  specified, the new day should be specified. However, if midnight is
  crossed during any form of duration scheduling, the day will be
  incremented automatically.

Certainly non-intuitive...

Cheers,
Phil