Re: Fringes for vt02d3

From: <adeller_at_email.protected>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 05:55:34 +1000 (EST)

Hi John,

The fringes aren't all that weak. With a longer integration, we did get
a fringe from Mopra to Hobart. Steve has just joined me and he reckons
the fringes are ok. I'll be checking with the compact array shortly.

Cheers,
Adam

On Sun, 15 May 2005, John Reynolds wrote:

>Adam,
>
>>> We have fringes from Hobart to Parkes and Mopra to Parkes. Can't see a
>>> fringe from Hobart to Mopra but this is likely due to the less sensitive
>>> baseline - the fringe was pretty weak from Mopra to Parkes anyway. We
>>> will try fringe-checking to the CA when this returns during V173c.
>
>'Weak fringes' in a single-polarization experiment are always a slight
>worry! Did you search the 'cross-hand' product Parkes-Mopra?
>
>I'm very confident we have the polarization the right way around here (LCP
>first). When the ATCA comes online that should prove it.
>
>(CATIE needs to be set to;
>
>FUN XX+YY XX-YY XX+YY XX-YY
>
>to put LCP first, which is the reverse of the default).
>
>Cheers,
>John R

Adam Deller Ph +61 3 9214 8502
SKA Group Fax +61 3 9214 8797
Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
Swinburne University, Hawthorn VIC 3123