Re: LBA dates for the next session

From: <Tasso.Tzioumis_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:40:21 +1000

Hi Jim,

Oct 24-30 is URSI meeting. Probably few people affected (mainly me?)
For me 1-7 Nov is also out as I have to be in Geneva. But is should not
stop the LBA.

Steve suggested January. That can be difficult with many people on
vacation.
Is Tid going to be back in January?
Also, January + March makes the tape situation difficult. It's not
impossible if I become a bit more ruthless.

On balance, I'd prefer one this year and one March next year. Either
suggested session in March is ok with me at this stage.

But I guess it all depends on Tid availability and what the proposals
are asking for.

Cheers
Tasso

On 24/06/2005, at 12:54 PM, Jim Lovell wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>Once again it's time to start thinking about the next LBA session. To
>keep the pressure off the ATCA in the mm season the plan is to have two
>weeks in the next session (Oct to March) and one in the following
>session (April to Sept), so we actually need to be thinking about
>arranging two weeks between October in March. My suggestion is one week
>near the end of this year and another in March. Taking into account
>known constraints at the ATCA (mm observing in October), Parkes
>(maintenance in Nov), Hobart and Hart (IVS), and known meetings (ATUC)
>things are looking a bit tight, but here are some suggestions for the
>first week:
>
>Week Comment/question
>Oct 24 - 30 ATCA OK?
>Nov 1 - 7 Parkes OK?
>Dec 1 - 7 Wedged between IVS sessions. Not ideal.
>
>Please let me know what you think and feel free to suggest moving them
>back and forth by a day or two if it helps.
>
>The second week seems less of a problem at the moment, probably because
>I can't find the 2006 IVS schedule! There's no news yet on when the 70m
>will be available for radio astronomy in March as the schedule
>currently
>goes to the end of the year:
>
>March 13 to 19
>March 20 to 26
>
>Again, please let me know if you have any preference.
>
>Cheers,
>Jim
>
>--
>Dr Jim Lovell, Jim.Lovell_at_csiro.au
>CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility Ph: (02) 6125 6715
>c/o RSAA, Mt Stromlo Observatory, Fax: (02) 6125 0260
>Cotter Road, Weston ACT 2611 Mobile: 0412 127364
>Australia http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Jim.Lovell
>At Tidbinbilla Ph (02) 6201 7869 (RA Lab), x7800 (switch), x7940(shift)

Tasso Tzioumis, Australia Telescope National Facility, CSIRO
Location: Cnr Pembroke & Vimiera Rds, Marsfield, NSW, 2122, AUSTRALIA
Post: PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 2 9372 4350 Fax: +61 2 9372 4450 or 4310
Email: Tasso.Tzioumis_at_csiro.au