3mm Mopra-ATCA fringes

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:41:24 +1000 (EST)

Hi all,

Just though you would be interested to know that Steve, Juergen and I have
managed to get fringes between Mopra and the ATCA at 86 GHz this weekend.

We observed the SiO maser oCeti and have a clear detection with 10 seconds
worth of data. I have attached a plot I have made, using the output from
Craigs fringe checker.

We did not get fringes to 1921 yet, but Jim C. and I did a quick
calculation and I guess this is unlikely with a 10 second integration
given the high system temp and the various losses (linear feeds rotated by
45deg etc). Hopefully with a little longer integration we can get
continuum fringes also. (NB: oCeti is ~ 1000 Jy cf 10 Jy for 1921).

Thanks to Tasso, Bob an Mike for helping us get this going.

  • APPLICATION/postscript attachment: oceti.ps
  • application/octet-stream attachment: oceti.png