new Hobart LBA recorder and access over ADSL

From: <brett.reid_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:09:08 +1100

Hi All,
Chris Phillips has installed our new LBA recorder at Hobart. It is
hovsi.phys.utas.edu.au. Also, the ADSL to the Mount Pleasant site is
working giving us improved data rates compared to the original modem. It
is intended that HOVSI be directly accessable to ATNF antennas,
correlators including Swinburne for the upcoming LBA run in early
November for fringe checking etc. I need to know the IP addresses of
users of this machine. Also which UDP/TCP port numbers required for
access or which connection methods you will use, eg. ssh etc. Also it is
OK to include an entire subnet at your site if you think that you might
need to access hovsi from more than one place in your network. I shall
make this request of our ITR department early next week.

Adam or Craig, as Chris is on holiday at the moment, could you include
the sites that Chris will want as well as Swinburne's. I think you have
already been through this exercise.

Cheers,
Brett.

Brett Reid
Observatory Manager, Radio Telescopes
University of Tasmania
School of Mathematics and Physics
phone + 61 3 6248 5285
email brett.reid_at_utas.<!--nospam-->edu.au
web http://www-ra.phys.utas.edu.au/~breid/