Disko

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:53:37 +1100 (EST)

Hi Jim,

(Sending this publicly in case other people want to add their 5c.)

The disko program seems to be working really well. I actually think it is
much safe than running vsib_record directly as it will actually look at
the output and catches errors that are not occurring continuously.

I have a few comments on think that would be nice to add (some of this is
from feedback from others).

 - It would be good to have a better indication of what vsib_record/disko
   are currently doing (ie idle, waiting to start recording, recording
   etc).
 - When recording it would be good to have an indication on how long
   before recording finishes (ie a count down timer).
 - Experiment profiles, which can be generated beforehand really are
   needed. It would be great if disko could decide automatically which the
   next experiment was, based on the current time
 - Currently vt02 experiments are put in the "FringeCheck" directory. I
   think it might be better to have all a button to select experiments
   as FringeCheck or diskrecording. So experiments like Roopesh's v131
   would be considered "FringeCheck".
 - It would be good if disko could run (or incorporate) diskclean.pl to
   stop the disks getting too full.
 - It would be great if disko was schedulable (ie able to start and
   stop the recorders).