RE: vt03e schedule ready

From: <koyama_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 00:46:32 +0900

Dear Tingay-san,

Thank you for the message.
I have booked the observing time slot for the Kashima 34m station.
We will be able to observe only one polarization at one time.
I assume we can choose either polarization. If it is the case, we will
observe RHCP since we will not have to change any configuration of
the L-band receiver. We have installed 200MHz bandpass filter
to mitigate strong RFI at about 1500MHz before we checked the
receiver and took the spectrum response earlier this month.
The filter will be left inserted until the vt03e session next month.

I am currently thinking to use our recently developed K5/VSSP32 unit.
The unit is capable to perform 32MHz sampling with 2bits/sample
sampling. We are just performing initial tests with this new unit and
I expect it will be ready for observations in March. If it is succeeded,
we will not have to convert the digital data after data acquisition as we
did last time with our high speed sampler unit.

The file format of the data file has been modified from the previous file
format. I will prepare a document to explain the format when I provide
the data file after the observations. I expect we can receive the data files
from other stations as we did last time. We will try to process the
data with our K5 software correlator.
This time, Kondo-san is absent at Kashima (he will be at Vienna University
of Technology from March 1st.) and we may take a little long to process
the data successfully.

Sincerely Yours,

Yasuhiro Koyama