[Fwd: Re: vt02f1]

From: <jon_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 02:01:32 +0200 (SAST)

The current measured clock offset between the master station clock and our
GPS timing receiver is about -2.5 usec with the GPS leading the maser.

Have fun
  Jon

Subject: Re: vt02f1
From: "Jonathan Quick" <jon_at_hartrao.<!--nospam-->ac.za>
Date: Thu, March 9, 2006 1:56 am
To: "Chris Phillips" <Chris.Phillips_at_csiro.<!--nospam-->au>

Hi Chris

[From a bleary eyed dialup at home ...]

Well the automated VLBI startup seems to be working well, the telescop is
tracking the eastern horizon ( the source won't rise till ~00:36 UT ) and
data is flowing to disk. Of course since I'm recording continuously we
can't access any data until after 02:00 UT when the recording stops.

Feel free to log in to

   oper_at_mark5-591.<!--nospam-->hartrao.ac.za

and use "tstMark5A" to export any scan fragment you choose. One word of
caution - our outgoing traffic is limited to about 310kb/s so don't get
too exuberant about how much data you want :-)

Regards
  Jon

On Wed, March 8, 2006 10:39 pm, Chris Phillips said:
>Hiu Guys,
>
>The seems to be a little confusion about vt02f1. This experiment is
intended to be *setup* and fringe test. As such I have been assuming
peple will use the first few to intsall receivers. check coherence, run
up the disk recorders and look at the data quality locally etc. I hope
that by about 11am ADST (0:00UT) that everybody is ready and we can run
a real time fringe check.

>Once you are happy with your local tests please start the vt02f1
schedule running (and the disk recorders) and let me know.

>NOTE: In *all* the wiki pages the "DAS Mode" does not take into account
if a "flipped" or normal mode is needed. To see a *guess8 of what iot
should be, click on the link on the suggested DAS mode.