Mounting and Using XRAIDS.

From: <cwest_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:24:48 +1000 (EST)

Hi VLBI people,

I have tried over the past two days to put together a document for you to
use that should help with using the Xraids in association with the VLBI
recorders.

It is not complete, but should have a lot of the information you need.
I have attached the document, but incase this list doesn't allow
attachments you can find it located at:

        http://pentane.ssi.swin.edu.au/~cwest/VLBI_XRaid.pdf

As I type this I realise I didn't mention the way that the fibre channel
cables should be connected. On each Host Bus Adapter (HBA) which is the
card inside the computer that connects to the XRaid there is a little
imprinted label, it should have port0 and port1. When reading the
documentation it will make more sense, but port0 should be connected to
the left/upper Xraid controller, and port1 to the lower/right controller.

If there is a need to contact me and it is stopping recording, feel free
to ring me on my mobile anytime. I can't promise I'll be there to answer
it but I will try to get back to you. 0416 286 013

If it is not urgent, either ring me during "normal" hours or drop me an
email and I will try to respond.

Cheers
Craig...
---