Hobart 22 GHz

From: <brett.reid_at_email.protected>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 22:02:14 +1000

Hi All,
I learnt some good news from Jamie McCallum this evening.
He did a scan using the 22 GHz receiver last night between the L band and
S band experiments.
K band is working.

We had no time to test the multifeed receiver or the new/repaired K band
LNAs prior to the start of the run. We were concentrating on the new
antenna drives and installing the multifeed receiver. We had no chance to
cool the dewar in the lab due to a problem with the lab He compressor.
Now the dewar is in the telescope we have a problem with the dewar
temperature readings so we did not know that the dewar was cooling for
sure. However we do know that the system does not work unless it's cooled.

Jamie's test now confirms to me that the receiver is cool and that the
new drives are working so that pointing is OK at K band.

I thought a few people might be relieved.

Cheers,
Brett.

Brett Reid
Observatory Manager, Radio Telescopes
University of Tasmania
School of Mathematics and Physics
phone + 61 3 6248 5285
email brett.reid_at_utas.<!--nospam-->edu.au
web http://www-ra.phys.utas.edu.au/~breid/