Re: v184a

From: <brett.reid_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:14:49 +1000

Hi Chris,
Jamie M, Simon and John Dickey are our K band experts. Jamie M is running
Hobart from 4 pm.

When Jamie M did some tests on Friday night he mentioned to me that we
are probably down 10 - 20 % on previous 22 GHz results at Hobart. The
antenna drives are not well optimised yet. I am reading an offset of
-0.005 degrees most of the time in Y axis and -0.002 in X axis that would
be contributing to this. I am not willing to attempt further
optimisations of the antenna drives at this time.

We haven't been able to do a coherence check from the front end down to
the recorder but I am have done it from the control room IF to the
recorder. Your confirmation of fringes is pleasing.

Could our polarisations be swapped since the receiver repair? The purity
should be fine because we have a 1/4 wave plate.
I would suggest that we are off in pointing a little and the polarisation
is OK.

Cheers,
Brett

==============Original message text===============