LBA weeks for the coming year

From: <Jim.Lovell_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:13:23 +1000

Dear VLBIers,

The next ATNF TAC meeting is just a week away so it's time we decided
on dates for LBA observations in the period 1 October 2006 to 31
March 2007. Those of you who called in at the last VLBI telecon may
remember I promised to look into ways of improving our Tid 70m
allocations. Please see the attached document for a proposed strategy
and let me know what you think. If there's general agreement that we
give it a try then I suggest we decide on the LBA dates for the
October semester and I will pass this information back to JPL.

We need to choose three dates, two weeks for the October semester
plus one 24h allocation in January for v190. I understand the
earliest the first week can be is the first week of November as Mopra
is already scheduled up till then. I'm guessing we would prefer to
keep the second week to late in the semester, so sometime in March
perhaps? As for the 24h in January, would it be possible to nominate
a week in which the observation could occur and we fix the date late
in September (see the attached document for an explanation)?

Regards,
Jim
--
Dr Jim Lovell,                                      Jim.Lovell_at_csiro.<!--nospam-->au
CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility       Ph:    (02) 6125 6715