v190c frequenct setup

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:13:07 +1000 (EST)

Steve, Adam & observatories,

A decision needs to be made on what frequency/polarisations are going to
be observed for v190c.

The Pa,Mp,At will be observing with 2 DAS (8 channels &#64; 256 Mbps total).<!--nospam--> I
have modified Adams schedule so that the frequency coverage is
1634-1698 MHz dual pol. If anyone thinks this is a bad choice please let
me know asap.

Tid only has Lcp and can record 4 channels at 256 Mbps. I suggest Tid
observes the same frequency range but single pol as ATNF for maximum
overlap.

Hobart also will be recording at 256 Mbps. They can either record dual pol
1634-1666 MHz or single pol (Lcp!) 1634-1698 MHz. I suggest Hobart
observes single pol. This will require splitting the RF signal and setting
up to IF chains, one into each IFP.

I will setup the wiki for the ATNF antennas. Hobart and Tid will have to
setup the appropriate subset.

Steve: Once I have setup the wiki could you please edit appropriately to
make it clear how Hobart/Tid should setup. Could observers at Hobart and
Tid please make sure you read this and understand what is required.

JER, Brett, Jim L.: please comment if you think there is a problem with
these frequency ranges or setup.