Re: First LBA eVLBI fringes

From: <sergei.gulyaev_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:29:55 +1200

Hi Chris,

Congratulations from New Zealand to yourself and all involved. This is a
"real real" great success.

Cheers,
Sergei and Tim

Professor Sergei Gulyaev, Director
Centre for Radiophysics and Space Research,
School of Mathematical Sciences,
Auckland University of Technology

Private Bag 92006 Auckland 1020
New Zealand

Telephone: 64-9-9219541
Facsimile: 64-9-9219973
E-mail: sergei.gulyaev_at_aut.<!--nospam-->ac.nz
Web: www.crsr.ac.nz

>>>Chris Phillips <Chris.Phillips_at_csiro.<!--nospam-->au> 08/24/06 15:57 PM >>>
Hi all,

Today I had a major success with the first LBA eVLBI fringes between
Parkes, ATCA and Mopra. Visibility plots attached. This is "real" evlbi
in
the sense it was processed in realtime with no disk buffering. The
Swinburne software correlator, written by Adam Deller, was used to
process
the data.

The vital statistics are:

Antenna: Parkes, Mopra, ATCA
Data rate: 128 Mbps (per station)
Bandwidth: 2x16 MHz (per station)
Processor: Dual AMD server (ie only 2 CPUs)
Time: 10minutes

I also ran a test with 1 baseline Parkes-ATCA at 256 Mbps/station which
ran well. Processing at higher data rates was limited by availability of

fast computers connected to the highspeed links.